Friday, November 4, 2011

It gets better




    So I took the pledge at ItGetsBetter.org to spread the word and to help people. There's no need for me to take any pledges that I'll treat people equally and I won't bully them. I know that. I was bullied from people I thought were my friends, which was the worst I think. I was bullied from classmates, but that's normal. I wasn't pretty enough to fit in. I was chubby and I had some other flaws that they thought this was disgusting and used to make fun of me. I suffered and I didn't have anyone to turn to. I cried for hours in my room. I even considered suicide. My mother told me to ignore them, but it's not that easy. Well it's easy to say it, it's easy to not go through that and just give advises, but this wasn't my case.  Maybe that's the reason why now I'm still so insecure, I consider myself not pretty enough, not slim enough, not smart enough just not good enough. And this things still keep me from being happy. But it's better. It really gets better. At least now I have people I can turn to, nobody's insulting me everyday. Actually I'm thankful. They did me a favor. You know why? Because they inspired me to do more, to be myself, to pursuit my dreams. And I know, I'm convinced, that it'll get even better. Now I'm in the university, studying to become something much more than them. (They probably won't be able to even read this because most of them don't know English.) But I don't hate them. Yes, they made my life a living hell, but they also made me stronger, even though I'm insecure.
    This wasn't just a pep-talk. I write this so if you, who are reading this lines, are bullied or harassed in any way, you should know that it really does get better, it's not just a phrase. If you don't trust me - go to this site www.itgetsbetter.com and you'll find out that you're not alone. We are stronger when we're together. And if you ever need to talk to anyone - I'm here. I won't judge you, I may not be able to help you, but I'll listen, and I know how helpful just listening can be. And I'm not the only one. 
    I know it's tough, I know they are mean, they want you to suffer, but it gets better. You'll be fine, the change will come. There are good people, kind people, who will help you. Don't give up! You are strong, you are beautiful, you are perfect - don't ever let them bring you down!


No comments:

Post a Comment