Tuesday, July 19, 2011

End Of An Era


    It's been a few days since the world premiere of the last part of Harry Potter and I hadn't have the strength to write something earlier. The incredible story of the little wizard and his brave friends was a big part of my childhood and I'm sure of yours too. The end of the story marks also the end of my childhood, marks the end of a magical era.
    We were lucky to be the Harry Potter generation, ones who stand in front of the cinema waiting for the new movie, the ones who nervously waited the new books, the ones who shamelessly cried in the cinema, the ones who were part of the real magic. To grow up with something so beautiful is an honor and not every child has the opportunity to raise with the magic and in the same time to learn what bravery is, what loyalty is, what love is ... I'm proud that I was a part of this for the last 10 years and I'm also very sad and heartbroken that it's gone, it end is here. Actually not its real end because the magical world that J.K.Rowling created will be past for generations ahead. I know that my children and grandchildren will be raised with the tale of Harry Potter.  
    You know how they ask you 'How do you see yourself in 10 years?' and you don't know how to answer? I was like that, but not anymore. My answer from now on will be the following: 'In 10 years I see myself sitting in bed with my little daughter, I'm holding 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows' in my hand and I'm reading to her for good night. In her eyes there is the same fire, the same thirst for magic that I'm sure will be feeling the same way still. When I read to her about Fred Weasley's death, something that I'll never be able to get over, a tear would come down my face, but she won't ask me why I'm crying because she'll know, she'll be a par of the same magic. 
    As a conclusion I want to thank Miss Rowling for everything she did for us. I want to thank her for my childhood and I want to thank her for keeping the child in me alive. The love of millions of fans across the world is something that she deserves more than anyone. I bow before her talent and thank her for everything. 
    As for you Harry .. I'll miss you .. ALWAYS


No comments:

Post a Comment